There’s no doubt about it – this door has grandeur. Our boldest looking security door also has few constraints on width, height or degree of curvature. The cleaner look of fewer panels helps draw the eye, and helps after-hours window shoppers see products on display behind the grille.
Other applications include public spaces like museums, galleries, and libraries.
Benefits of the Wide Body Series Line
Makes a Prestige Statement
If you need a majestic looking security door for anchor stores and upscale retailers in malls, look no further. The wider panels provide a clean look that makes a strong statement in visually cluttered malls, and are also perfect for applications where a taller door is needed.
Perfect for Shallower Pocket Depth Constraints
Because the panels are wider, it does require a 13” wide pocket, but the pocket is able to be much shallower than with any other door available on the market today.
More Design Freedom
The great variety of materials, patterns and finishes allows you to ensure your security door works with, not against, your look and feel. Materials include tempered glass, clear anodized aluminum, and architectural aluminum. Available in almost any colour with powder-coating.
If balancing HVAC is a challenge in your space, a Wide Body grille will allow for maximum flow through of air and minimum interference with your system.
ADA Compliant Heights Options
If you need more flexibility in the height of locks, pull straps, and other hardware, we’ll help ensure you can provide a door that meets Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
Emergency Exits Help Meet Fire Codes
There are several options available for emergency exits, including “door within a door” solutions.
Save Time and Money With Help from our Customer Support Experts
Not only can our expert support team help you choose your door, they check specifications to avoid costly delays and can save your time by providing CAD elements and custom technical drawings if needed.
Features and Options
Continuous Hinge Construction
Our patented revolutionary hinge design prevents hideous soot that is commonly found with piano hinges after a few months. How do we do it? Instead of the 2-part piano hinge, our hinge is a 2-piece continuous hinge that mates with the panels that form the curtain.
Fast Turnaround on Custom Curves
Because we have the ability to bend and heat treat tracks in-house, we can offer the fastest turnaround time in the industry for custom curves. Our customers also comment that we also have the highest quality standards.
In-stock curves available:
- 90 Degree 22″ radius
- 120, 135, 150 Degree 10″ Radius
Unlimited Colour Options
Our wide body doors are available in stock with your choice of clear anodized finish anodized finish. Other anodized finishes in black, bronze, light bronze, and champagne require a bit more lead time.
We can provide powder coat finishes in almost any colour.
Easy to Use Locking Posts
- We have a variety of options for locking posts, and will help you choose the best ones for your needs.
- All locking posts can be reversed for either left-hand and right-hand grips.
- Handles work for all users, including people in wheelchairs, thanks to a handle that runs along the entire height of the posts. It’s easier to move the door when you’re able to grab the handle at the height that’s right for you.
- The clean look of the post is maintained with flush-mounted hardware that also removes potential snag points.
- Specially shaped for greatest possible strength and easy servicing.
Each type of bottom lock socket is tailored to the application:
- Floor sockets prevent the accumulation of dust with a spring-loaded cover that closes automatically when the lock is not engaged.
- Sockets on countertops need to meet health code requirements. To prevent food particle accumulation, they are bottomless and allow crumbs to drop into the waste bin below. Stainless steel construction doesn’t encourage bacterial growth.
Emergency Egress Door
To meet fire code regulations, our “door within a door” emergency exit allows users to flee the secured area. Wider emergency escapes ensure wheelchair users aren’t trapped.
Easy to Change Cylinder Locks
The 1” mortise cylinder locks that come with your door can be easily changed to work with your internal key system. Optional SFIC housing and cores available.
New 2017 – Optional Maglock
Make keys a thing of the past and easily unlock your door using card readers and keypads. Wall channel posts and Lead posts are now available with Maglock, the electromagnetic lock capable of withstanding 850 lbs of force. Connects to a 12/24 VDC power supply from your existing alarm system.
Depending on the model, you can choose from aluminum rod and link construction, polycarbonate panels, perforated steel, solid aluminum and even tempered glass.
- Side Folding
- Side Folding Doors (all) Warranty
- Side Folding Installation Instructions
- Side Folding Post Adjustment Instructions
- Side Folding WB
- Futura WB
- Paravent WB
- Prestige WB
- SWB B
- SWB S
- Opaque WB