Robert Labelle invented the side folding security grille/closure. He founded Dynamic Closures Ltd. in 1975 and began manufacturing in a modest three thousand foot manufacturing facility in Brossard, Quebec. The company primarily manufactured and supplied side folding products for storefront security in shopping malls. Quickly building upon their early successes Dynamic Closures started making inroads to the US markets and moved operations to Cornwall, Ontario in 1978 which provided a closer proximity to the US border.

In 1981 Dynamic moved to our present day picturesque location just off the banks of the St Lawrence River in the Township of South Stormont west of Cornwall, Ontario. In the 80’s Dynamic Closures Ltd also expanded their product line to include industrial overhead doors, rolling grilles, rolling fire doors and rolling insulated doors.

Also in the 80’s the Company expanded a sales presence into Europe and a manufacturing facility in Australia providing the sale and distribution of Dynamic’s unique high quality products on a more global scale. In 1989 Gerry Dent, a long time dealer of Dynamic Closures products purchased a 60% interest in the company. Dynamic Closures, like many companies of the early nineties, was hit hard from the recession. Gerry Dent bought the other 40% and gave a mandate to refocus on the core products, drop products that were not competitive and deliver great customer service. Lesson learned. Over the next decade Dynamic brought to market the perforated side folding closure, the innovative side folding design of the EZ Grille® and the amazing Lift Ready® rolling grille.

Years of day-in-day-out performances with integrity, innovative designs that are always improved upon and tremendous customer care has positioned the Company as the leader in the aluminum security grille/door industry. Dynamic Closures Corporation has been able to form long term partnerships with several high profile retail chains and multinational door manufactures The Company operates through a network of distributors throughout North America and around the globe and is a member of the International Door Association (IDA).